The Directorate of Traditional Sources has carried out twenty-two archaeological excavations during various missions in Petra and Beda, which include the following excavations:
1) British Mission: Dr. Buiter Bnikoski in the area of Umm Biyara.
2) British Mission: Dr. Robert Inning to document the graves of Siq gate.
3) French mission: Dr. Laurent Tobak in the Numeira area.
4) U.S. mission: Dr. David Johnson in the Almillsh Valley area.
5) Danish Mission: Dr. Anjulv Tyson for the Shakara Cad.
6) American Mission: Dr. Susan Cook for the great temple.
7) Lisa and Stephen Chikid for the Siq’s cold / colorful cave.
8) Finnish Mission: Dr. Jaco on the Frozen Mountain area of the Prophet Aaron.9) British Mission: Dr. Lucy and Edison for the Mount virulent.
10) Swiss Mission: Dr. Stefan Schmidt for Farsa Valley.
11) Swiss Mission / University of Basel for the Alzentor.
12) German mission: Dr. Sashih Daniel and Jurgen Richard Wadi Sabra .
13) German mission: Dr. Brian Bickers Beida.
14) French mission: Dr. Oger Christian Girl’s Palace area / Petra, and Bab al-Siq.
15) Swiss Mission: Stefan Schmidt, for Farsa Valley